Futronic FS26 is an optical fingerprint scanner which has an embedded contactless MIFARE card reader and writer. The device is intended to be used for two-factor authentication – a scanned fingerprint is matched against a fingerprint template which is stored in a MIFARE card.
FS26 uses the same fingerprint sensor as the FS80. Scanner's manufacturer specifies that FS26 is able to perform live finger detection and reject fake fingers made from silicone rubber, play-doh or other materials. The scanner is able to adapt to fingerprint image quality (wet, dry or blurred fingers) by adjusting illumination intensity.
The contactless MIFARE card reader is ISO14443A compatible.
Support modules for the fingerprint reader are included in:
|Device name||FS26 USB2.0 Fingerprint Mifare Card Reader/Writer|
|Manufacturer||Futronic Technology Co. Ltd.|
|Device size||98 x 98 x 30 mm (3.9" x 3.9" x 1.2")|
|Device weight||200 grams (7.1 oz)|
|Operating temperature||-10°C ~ +55°C|
|Supported OS (*)||Microsoft Windows,
|Image capture area (Platen size)||16 x 24 mm (0.6" x 0.9")|
|Fingerprint image size||320 x 480 pixels|
|Sensor type||Optical, CMOS|
|MIFARE card reader|
|Standard compliancy||ISO14443 A and MIFARE|
|Supported cards||1 KB and 4 KB MIFARE cards|
* These operating systems are supported by Neurotechnology SDKs. Device manufacturers may have different lists of supported operating systems.
Where to order this device?
Buy FS26 at Biometric Supply – a subsidiary of Neurotechnology.
Other Futronic scanners
Neurotechnology SDKs also include support modules for these Futronic scanners:
- eFAM (FS84) – an embedded fingerprint scanner solution
- FS10 – a single finger scanner with 1" x 1" platen and PIV / FIPS 201 certification
- FS26EU – a single finger scanner with PIV / FIPS 201 certification and embedded smart card reader (ISO7816 contact and MIFARE cards supported)
- FS28 – a single finger scanner with bluetooth connection
- FS50 – a two finger scanner with PIV / FIPS 201 certification
- FS60 – a four finger scanner with FBI Appendix F certification
- FS64 – a four finger / rolled fingerprint scanner with FBI Appendix F certification
- FS80 – basic Futronic FS80-series scanner
- FS82 – a version of FS80 with embedded smart card reader
- FS88 – an enhanced version of FS80 with PIV / FIPS 201 certification
- FS90 – a compact scanner most suitable for using with notebook PCs, handheld devices and mobile phones