Supported face capture cameras
These cameras are supported by MegaMatcher SDK:
Any webcam or camera that is accessible using:
- DirectShow, Windows Media or Media Foundation interfaces for Microsoft Windows platform.
- GStreamer interface for Linux or Mac platform.
- Any built-in smartphone or tablet camera that is supported by iOS or Android OS. The camera should have at least 0.3 MegaPixel (640 x 480 pixels) resolution.
Any IP camera, that supports RTSP (Real Time Streaming Protocol):
- Only RTP over UDP is supported.
- VLC framework can be optionally used for reading video streams.
- H.264/MPEG-4 AVC or Motion JPEG should be used for encoding the video stream.
- These advanced cameras are supported:
These models of still cameras are supported:
- Canon EOS family still cameras (Microsoft Windows only; the supported camera models are EOS M50, EOS 2000D, EOS 4000D, EOS 6D Mark II, EOS 200D, EOS 77D, EOS 800D, EOS 5D Mark IV, EOS-1D X Mark II, EOS 80D, EOS 1300D, EOS 5DS, EOS 5DS R, EOS 760D, EOS 750D, EOS 7D Mark II)
- Nikon DSLR still cameras (Microsoft Windows only; a specific camera model should support video capture and should be listed there)
- Cameras, which can operate in near-infrared spectrum, can be used for image capture. MegaMatcher/VeriLook algorithm is able to match faces, captured in near-infrared spectrum, against faces, captured in visible light. See the VeriLook algorithm testing results for details.
- Integrators can also write plug-ins to support their cameras using the plug-in framework provided with the Device Manager from the MegaMatcher SDK.
Simultaneous capture from multiple cameras is possible.
A video file can be also used as a data source for applications based on MegaMatcher SDK.