Currently, we are looking for a Java software engineer to join our MegaMatcher Automated Biometric Identification System (ABIS) developers team. MegaMatcher ABIS is our flagship biometric product that utilizes our world-class fingerprint, face, iris, and palm print recognition technologies to build trusted identity management solutions. It has been successfully deployed in multiple countries helping to organize legitimate elections, reliable border control, fair humanitarian aid delivery, unique national id/passport and other governmental and enterprise services. Most recently, MegaMatcher ABIS became a part of the largest biometric program in the world - India's Aadhaar ID Program (managed by UIDAI), which covers the whole population of India (1.3+ billion).
While focusing on leading the biometrics industry we also encourage an inspiring, open-minded, and creative working environment. We invite you to join our talented and devoted team to shape the future of biometrics together.
As a Java Software Engineer you will:
- Design and implement product features that should work reliably and efficiently at large-scale projects.
- Solve complex tasks, related to system's high precision, scalability, availability and reliability.
- Create code that promotes maintainability, extensibility, and the highest quality standards.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams of engineers, data scientists and operations.
- Evaluate technologies & concepts to build and maintain ABIS technology stack.
- Drive technical improvement initiatives.
- 3+ years of professional software development experience.
- BSc (or equivalent) in Computer Science.
- Proficiency in Spring Framework.
- Web application development experience and RESTful services.
- Experience with SQL databases: at least one of MySQL, MariaDB, PostgreSQL, Oracle.
- Experience with Linux OS, command line usage.
- Understanding software development lifecycle, quality assurance concepts and CI/CD.
- Thoroughness and responsibility.
- Willingness to master new technologies, tools and concepts.
- Experience with Kubernetes, Docker or other containerization technologies.
- AWS/Google cloud/other cloud experience.
- Some experience with Elasticsearch, Apache Kafka.
- Experience with microservices architecture.
- Working at a unique Lithuanian company, which has pioneered the application of neural network technologies in the biometric domain and is currently one of the global leading companies in biometric software solutions.
- Interesting work with unique technologies and the opportunity to influence the final result.
- Opportunity to grow your competencies.
- Flexible work schedule.
- Internal TechTalks.
- International teammates.
- Regular team-building events.
- Motivating bonuses.
Monthly salary starts from 2000 EUR (netto) per month and is determined based on your professional experience and competences.
If you are interested, please send your CV to email@example.com