MegaMatcher On Card 11.1 SDK License Agreement
IMPORTANT - Read this License Agreement Carefully
By buying MegaMatcher On Card 11.1 you indicate your acceptance of this License Agreement.
Definitions and Interpretations
In this Agreement, unless the context otherwise requires:
The additional component licenses can be obtained at any time.
Additional cards with installed fingerprint, iris and/or face matching component for the product development may be obtained at any time, according to stock and availability of suppliers.
"SDK" means the software development kit product, which is covered by this License Agreement, and which contains MegaMatcher On Card 11.1 SDK and the following Components:
- PC-side components:
- Fingerprint Card Extractor - provides functionality of ISO 19794-2 compact card minutiae format fingerprint template creation, fingerprint quality checking and fingerprint capturing from supported fingerprint scanners (on Microsoft Windows, Linux or Mac OS X platform);
- Face Card Extractor - provides functionality of face detection and face template creation (on Microsoft Windows, Linux or Mac OS X platform);
- Iris Card Extractor - provides functionality of iris template creation (on Microsoft Windows, Linux or Mac OS X platform);
- Smart card-side components:
- smart card with MegaMatcher On Card 11.1 fingerprint matching engine;
- smart card with MegaMatcher On Card 11.1 multi-modal fingerprint, face and iris matching engine;
The following component and their installation licenses are included in the SDK:
- Two Single Computer License of Fingerprint Card Extractor;
- One Single Computer License of Face Card Extractor;
- One Single Computer License of Iris Card Extractor;
- 2 smart cards with MegaMatcher On Card 11.1 fingerprint matching engine;
- 1 smart card with MegaMatcher On Card 11.1 multi-modal fingerprint, face and iris matching engine;
- "Licensee Product" means the SDK or part of it integrated into software created by Licensee. Each Licensee Product installation requires licenses of the used SDK components. Licensee Product cannot be used for any third-party product development. SDK components can have Single Computer License or Unlimited License (applied only for Matching Server component).
- "Single Computer License" means license to install and run particular component of the SDK on a single CPU. Single Computer licenses can be activated using Internet Activation, Serial Number or Volume License Manager.
- "Internet Activation". Using Internet activation, a special license file is stored on a computer or device; the license file allows to run particular component on that computer/device after checking the license over the Internet. Internet connection should be available for a short period of time at least once in 7 days. A Single Computer License can be transferred to another computer/device by moving the license file there and waiting until the previous activation expires.
- "Serial Number". Serial numbers are used to activate licenses for particular component on the particular computer/device. The activation is done via the Internet or by email. After activation the network connection is not required for Single Computer License usage.
Note: activation by serial number is not suitable for virtual environments.
- "Volume License Manager" means license management software and a dongle, which are used to store the number of obtained licenses. Volume license manager can be used to activate Single Computer Licenses for the particular computer, manage Single Computer Licenses over network or provide licenses to the computer/device to which it is connected.
- "Unlimited Matching Server License" means license to install and use Matching Server component in unlimited number of Licensee Products for which at least one of the followings components license is available: Fingerprint Matcher, Fast Fingerprint Matcher, Face Matcher, Fast Face Matcher, Iris Matcher, Fast Iris Matcher, Voice Matcher, Palm Print Matcher.
- "Embedded platform" means ARM based Android platform, iOS or ARM Linux platform.
The following License terms govern your use of the SDK unless you have concluded the separate agreement with Neurotechnology. By installing, you agree to be bound by the terms of this License Agreement. If you do not agree to the terms of this License Agreement, you may not install, copy or otherwise use the SDK.
SDK Product License
Copyright laws and international copyright treaties, as well as other intellectual property laws and treaties protect the SDK. The SDK is licensed, not sold.
1. Grant of License. Description of other Rights and Limitations
1.1. Use of the SDK or the SDK components.
Neurotechnology grants you a personal, non-exclusive license to use the SDK for the purpose of designing, developing, testing and distributing the Licensee Products. Installation, adaptation, redistribution in any other manner than prescribed in this Agreement is forbidden and concludes the breach of this Agreement provisions.
You may install the SDK on a hard disk or other storage device; install and use the SDK on a file server for use on a network for the purposes of:
- permanent installation onto hard disks or other storage devices;
- use of the SDK over such network; and make backup copies of the SDK.
1.3. Reproduction and redistribution
You may reproduce and redistribute the Licensee Products only in object code form and only when incorporated into your software products provided to the End Users, as many times as you have obtained used components' installation licenses. You may not include the SDK as part of development tool or software development kit.
1.4. Protection of intellectual rights
In order to protect Neurotechnology's intellectual property rights in the SDK, you must reproduce on each copy of Licensee Product a copyright notice that clearly states:
"Copyright _ [Licensee Name]. Portions Copyright 1998-2019 Neurotechnology. All Rights Reserved."
and you must distribute your product pursuant to a valid agreement that is at least as protective of Neurotechnology's rights in the SDK as this License Agreement.
1.5.1. Limitations on Reverse Engineering, Decompilation, and Disassembly.
You may not reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble the SDK. You must forbid your End Users to reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble any part of the SDK. If you learn of any misuse of the SDK, you shall notify Neurotechnology immediately.
You may not lease or rent the SDK.
1.5.3. Proprietary notices.
You may not remove any proprietary notices on the SDK.
1.5.4 Transfer of rights.
Permanent or temporal transfer of all or any of your rights acquired due to this Agreement is forbidden without Neurotechnology consent.
1.5.5 Export control.
You will not export or re-export SDK without appropriate licenses, in case the law requires such licenses.
The SDK is owned and copyrighted by Neurotechnology. Your license confers no title to, or ownership in the SDK and is not sale of any rights of the SDK. No one provision of this Agreement should not be construed as an expression to assign or sell any copyrights or any other intellectual property rights to the SDK from Neurotechnology to you.
All title and copyrights in and to the SDK, and accompanying printed materials are owned by Neurotechnology. Copyright laws and International treaty provisions protect the SDK. You may not use or copy the SDK or any accompanying written materials for any purposes other than what is described in this Agreement. The SDK is Copyright © 1998-2019 Neurotechnology. All rights reserved. The SDK remains the sole and exclusive property of Neurotechnology at all times.
4. Technical Support
Neurotechnology agrees to provide technical support via Internet, using E-mail address provided on: https://www.neurotechnology.com
5. Disclaimer of Warranty
Neurotechnology declares that the SDK confirms to its published specifications and is delivered to you free from any defects. However the SDK is provided on an "AS IS" basis, and Neurotechnology shall in no event warrant the performance or results you may obtain by using the SDK. Neurotechnology declares that the SDK have no bugs or other non-conformances. However if you find any defects in the SDK, Neurotechnology's liability is limited to replacement of the SDK, which will be fulfilled within the duration of 30 (thirty) days from the moment of information about such defects of the SDK.
This disclaimer of warranty constitutes an essential part of the agreement.
6. Exclusion of Liability/Damages
The following is without prejudice to any rights you may have at law, which cannot legally be excluded or restricted. You acknowledge that no promise, representation, warranty or undertaking has been made or given by Neurotechnology (or any of its directors, officers, employees, affiliates or owners) to any person or company on its behalf in relation to the profitability of or any other consequences or benefits to be obtained from the delivery or use of the SDK or other materials.
You have relied upon your own skill and judgment in deciding to acquire the SDK and any accompanying manuals and other materials for use by you. Except as and to the extent provided in this agreement, neither Neurotechnology nor any of its directors, officers, employees, affiliates or owners will in any circumstances be liable for any other damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of business, business interruption, loss of business information or other indirect, incidental, special or consequential loss) arising out of the use, or inability to use, or supply or non-supply, of the SDK and any accompanying written materials regardless of the basis of the claim and even if Neurotechnology, or an authorized Neurotechnology's representative has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
Some states or jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental, consequential or special damages, or the exclusion of implied warranties or limitations on how long an implied warranty may last, so the above limitations may not apply to you.
Neurotechnology's total liability under any provision of this agreement is in any case limited to the amount actually paid by you for the SDK.
This Agreement will become effective upon your acceptance and continue in effect unless you cease to use the SDK. You may terminate this License Agreement at any time. In addition, without prejudice to any other rights, this Agreement and the license granted hereunder will terminate automatically if you fail to comply with the terms and conditions described herein. You agree that, upon such termination, you will destroy or permanently erase all copies of the SDK, and that you will immediately cease any distribution of Licensee Products.
8. Entire Agreement
This License Agreement is the entire agreement between you and Neurotechnology relative to the SDK, and supersedes all prior statements, proposals or agreements relative to its subject matter, written or oral. This Agreement may only be modified in writing signed by an authorized representative of Neurotechnology.
9. Applicable Law and Severability
This License shall be governed by the laws of the Republic of Lithuania without regard to the provisions regarding conflicts of law. You agree that this License shall not be governed by the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods, the application of which is expressly excluded.
You irrevocably submit to the jurisdiction of the state courts sitting in Vilnius, Lithuania, and any action or proceeding arising out of this License will be heard and determined in such court.
If for any reason a court of competent jurisdiction finds any provision, or portion thereof, to be unenforceable, such provision will be interpreted in order to give effect to such provision to the maximum extent permitted by law, and the remainder of this License will continue in full force and effect.
MegaMatcher, MegaMatcher On Card are trademarks of Neurotechnology
11. Government Agreements
The SDK is developed exclusively at private expense and is identified as "commercial computer software and documentation" and thus, Licensee's Products shall be licensed to any of Government of any State or jurisdiction under the terms of license agreement containing the minimum terms as set forth in this agreement.