Real-time eye movement tracking using webcam and PC
SentiGaze is designed for developers who want to use computer vision-based gaze tracking in their applications. The technology works with webcam and common PC. Usage convenience is ensured by contactless gaze tracking and calibration to specific screen size and user position.
Available as a software development kit that provides for the development of gaze tracking systems for Microsoft Windows.
Features and Capabilities
- No specialized hardware required, only webcam and common PC.
- No physical contact for gaze tracking.
- Calibration to screen size and distance from screen.
- Real-time gaze tracking.
- Heat map generation and other gaze-based statistics for single and multiple subjects.
- Application control with user's gaze as a pointer.
- Accessibility for disabled people.
- Compatibility with other Neurotechnology products like face biometrics SDK.
- Reasonable prices, flexible licensing and free customer support.
SentiGaze is a proprietary eye movement tracking technology which is designed to be used on a common PC with a common camera. The possible applications of the gaze tracking technology include:
Click to zoom
Heatmap for desktop
Click to zoom
Heatmap for a movie
Click to zoom
Heat map based research and analytics for single and multiple subjects:
- usability of websites and applications;
- film screening;
- advertising research for both TV and static ads (posters, product placement etc).
Device and application control:
- full or auxiliary control of an application or device;
- working with multiple screens;
- video games;
- accessibility for disabled people.
- Medical and scientific research which needs to detect and track subject's eye movement.
The SentiGaze technology has these capabilities for gaze tracking and session recording:
- Simple usage. SentiGaze technology is designed to work with regular webcams and requires no specific hardware like specialized gaze-tracking cameras or fixing person's head in a rigid position. Proprietary algorithms are used to detect subject's eyes on the captured video and track their movement. No physical contact required at any stage of gaze tracking.
- Adaptive to screen size and distance from screen. A simple short procedure calibrates SentiGaze for specific environment before gaze tracking session. Users are guided to fix their gaze at several points on the screen during the calibration procedure.
- Real-time gaze tracking. SentiGaze tracks user's gaze and provides results in real time. The gaze tracking session can be also saved for future use.
- Heat map generation. Gaze tracking session can be represented as a heat map which can be generated on top of screen contents like web pages, applications, static images or videos. Live preview of the heat maps is available. SentiGaze generates heat maps for single subjects and can also merge individual heat maps for multiple subjects gaze statistics.
- Application control. SentiGaze functionality can be used for enabling computer, device or application control using gaze as a pointer. The possible applications may range from gaze-controlled software to additional input method for computer games.
- Accessibility. Specialized software for disabled people can be developed to provide gaze-based control where other accessibility options are not suitable.
- Compatible with other Neurotechnology products. SentiGaze can be used with other Neurotechnology products for applications which require additional biometric data. For example, biometric algorithms from VeriLook SDK can be used to determine subject's gender and detect emotions, or even identify a previously enrolled subject.