Neurotechnologija Changes Corporate Name to Neurotechnology
New Name Reflects Growing International Presence for Acclaimed Provider of Biometric Algorithms and Object Recognition Technologies
Vilnius, Lithuania – April 14, 2008 – Neurotechnologija, a provider of high-precision biometric identification technologies, today announced the change of their official corporate name to Neurotechnology (www.neurotechnology.com). Neurotechnology was founded in 1990 in Vilnius, Lithuania under the name Neurotechnologija and released its first fingerprint identification system in 1991. Since that time, Neurotechnology has released more than 40 products and version upgrades for identification and verification of personal identity. More than 1900 system integrators, security companies and hardware providers integrate Neurotechnology's algorithms and software development technologies into their own products, with millions of customer installations worldwide.
Drawing from years of academic research in the fields of neuroinformatics, image processing and pattern recognition, Neurotechnology's identification algorithms have consistently earned the highest honors in some of the industry's most rigorous competitions, including the National Institute of Standards & Technology (NIST)'s Fingerprint Vendor Technology Evaluation (FpVTE) and the International Fingerprint Verification Competitions (FVC). The company's MegaMatcher 2.0 large-scale, multi-biometric face/fingerprint technology has received full NIST MINEX certification from the U.S. Government for use in Personal Identity Verification program fingerprint recognition applications.
"We are pleased to announce our corporate name change from Neurotechnologija to Neurotechnology," said Algimantas Malickas, CEO of Neurotechnology. "We believe the new name better reflects our global presence and supports the direction of our ongoing research and development in biometrics, robotics and artificial intelligence."
Neurotechnology's products include:
- MegaMatcher 2.0 SDK – large-scale AFIS and multi-biometric face/fingerprint identification technology with the high speed and reliability required for national-scale biometric applications.
- VeriFinger 6.0 SDK – for development of rapid and reliable fingerprint identification applications for a wide variety of hardware and operating systems and Web-based applications.
- VeriLook 3.2 SDK – reliable facial recognition technology with live face detection capability, works with standard Web cams and security cameras for development of facial recognition applications on a variety of platforms, including the Web.
- FingerCell 2.0 and FaceCell SDKs – embedded fingerprint and facial recognition technologies for use in development of applications for compact and mobile devices, such as cell phones.
- SmartCard FingerMatch and SmartCard FaceMatch – add-ons for VeriFinger, VeriLook and MegaMatcher for the implementation of biometric fingerprint- and face-on-SmartCard applications.
- SentiSight SDK – universal object recognition technology for the development of robotics and computer vision applications using still or video images from a variety of cameras.
For more information, please visit: www.neurotechnology.com
Jennifer Allen Newton
Bluehouse Consulting Group, Inc.
jennifer (at) bluehousecg.com