The TazPad from TazTag Inc. is an Android tablet with embedded fingerprint sensor. The tablet also has two built-in cameras, which are suitable for face capture, and microphone for voiceprint capture.
The tablet is based on Cortex A9 dual-core processor with 1.2 GHz clock-rate, 1 GB of RAM and 8 GB flash memory and 7 inch capacitive multi-touch screen. The device supports GSM, GPRS, EDGE, UMTS and HSPA mobile networking standards; WiFi, Bluetooth and ZigBee wireless networking.
TazPad can also read from and write to NFC tags and contactless smart cards. The supported standards are ISO/IEC 18092, ISO 14443 A and B, ISO 15693, MIFARE.
Neurotechnology SDKs allow to use the device for fingerprint, face and voiceprint capture. Support modules for this scanner are included in:
- MegaMatcher 9.0 SDK – fingerprint, face and voice capture.
- VeriFinger 9.0 SDK – fingerprint capture.
- VeriLook 9.0 SDK – face capture.
- VeriSpeak 9.0 SDK – voice capture.
|Connection||USB 1.1 host, USB 2.0 OTG|
|Supported OS (*)||Android|
|Device size||220 x 120 x 14 mm (8.8" x 4.8" x 0.5")|
|Image capture area (Platen size)||13 x 18 mm (0.5" x 0.7")|
|Fingerprint image size||256 x 360 pixels|
|Face capture cameras|
|Front-facing camera resolution||1.3 Megapixel|
|Rear-facing camera resolution||5.0 Megapixel|
* These operating systems are supported by Neurotechnology SDKs. Device manufacturers may have different lists of supported operating systems.