FS50 is an optical USB 2.0 fingerprint scanner that is able to scan single or dual flat fingerprints, or single rolled fingerprint.
The scanner was certified by FBI to be compliant with PIV-071006 Image Quality Specification for Single Finger Reader. It also meets the FIPS 201 standard for Personal Identification Verification (PIV).
Infra-red LEDs are used to illuminate a finger during scanning. The scanner is able to adapt to fingerprint image quality (wet, dry or blurred fingers) by adjusting illumination intensity. Sensors window is able to resist scratches and other stress.
Support modules for this scanner are included in:
- MegaMatcher 9.0 SDK;
- MegaMatcher On Card 9.0 SDK;
- VeriFinger 9.0 SDK;
- Free Fingerprint Verification SDK – will allow to capture only single fingerprints using this scanner as it does not include fingerprint segmentation components.
|Scanner Name||Futronic FS50 FIPS201/PIV Compliant USB 2.0 Two Finger Scanner|
|Manufacturer||Futronic Technology Co. Ltd.|
|Supported OS (*)||Microsoft Windows (32-bit and 64-bit),
Linux (x86 32-bit and 64-bit),
Mac OS X (x86 32-bit and 64-bit),
|Image capture area (Platen size)||41 x 38 mm (1.6" x 1.5")|
|Fingerprint image size||800 x 750 pixels|
|Sensor type||Optical, CMOS|
|Device size||110 x 110 x 45 mm (4.3" x 4.3" x 1.8")|
|Device weight||380 grams (0.8 lbs)|
|Operating temperature||-10°C ~ +55°C|
* These operating systems are supported by Neurotechnology SDKs. Device manufacturers may have different lists of supported operating systems.
Neurotechnology Solution Partners use this scanner in
Futronic FS50 scanners are used in these systems, created by Neurotechnology Solution Partners:
- RobotID – a generic biometric identification system created by Computer ID;
- TouchClock – an attendance control system created by Computer ID;
- TouchAccess – an access control system created by Computer ID.
Where to order this device?
Buy FS50 at Biometric Supply – a subsidiary of Neurotechnology.
Other Futronic scanners
Neurotechnology SDKs also include support modules for these Futronic scanners:
- eFAM (FS84) – an embedded fingerprint scanner solution
- FS10 – a single finger scanner with 1" x 1" platen and PIV / FIPS 201 certification
- FS26 – a single finger scanner with MIFARE card reader/writer
- FS28 – a single finger scanner with bluetooth connection
- FS60 – a four finger scanner with FBI Appendix F certification
- FS64 – a four finger / rolled fingerprint scanner with FBI Appendix F certification
- FS80 – basic Futronic FS80-series scanner
- FS82 – a version of FS80 with embedded smart card reader
- FS88 – an enchanced version of FS80 with PIV / FIPS 201 certification
- FS90 – a compact scanner most suitable for using with notebook PCs, handheld devices and mobile phones