AuthenTec AES4000 (EntréPad)
Click to zoom
Sample fingerprint scanner based on AES4000 sensor
Click to zoom
AuthenTech AES4000 is a capacitive fingerprint sensor. The sensor has integrated USB connection and possibility to choose any other serial or parallel interface.
Sensor's manufacturer specifies that AES4000 is suitable for PC peripherals, notebooks and mobile devices. Sensor's surface coating is able to withstand more than 1 million touches.
The sensor is no longer manufactured.
Support modules for this sensor are included in MegaMatcher 5.1 SDK, MegaMatcher On Card 3.4 SDK, VeriFinger 7.1 SDK and Free Fingerprint Verification SDK.
|Sensor Name||EntréPad AES4000|
|Connection||USB or any other serial or parallel|
|Supported OS (*)||Microsoft Windows (32-bit and 64-bit), Linux (32-bit)|
|Image capture area (Platen size)||10 x 10 mm (0.4" x 0.4")|
|Fingerprint image size||96 x 96 pixels|
|Sensor Size||20.0 x 20.0 x 1.5 mm (0.79" x 0.79" x 0.06")|
|Operating temperature||-20°C ~ +70°C|
* These operating systems are supported by Neurotechnology SDKs. Device manufacturers may have different lists of supported operating systems.
Neurotechnology Solution Partners use this sensor in
Other AuthenTec sensors
Neurotechnology SDKs also include support modules for these AuthenTec sensors:
- AES2550 – 500 ppi capacitive swipe sensor
- AES2660 – 500 ppi capacitive swipe sensor
- AES2810 – 500 ppi capacitive swipe sensor with on-chip hardware security module
- AES2501B – 500 ppi capacitive swipe sensor, no longer manufactured
- AF S2 – 250 ppi capacitive sensor, no longer manufactured